Friday 18 July 2014

MILE HIGH SERVICE

MILE HIGH SERVICE by Nikka Michaels

Length: Short Story
Date: 18/07/2014
Grade: 4.5
Details: No. 3 ‘Service’
Own / Kindle

The blurb:

“In this prequel to Room Service and Lip Service, Dr. Seth Coleman is bored and restless while he waits for his flight to leave. While waiting, he muses on how he met his husband, Carson Randall.

Seth Coleman is a talented surgeon who has the career he’s worked toward his whole life but is still missing something. As he’s standing in an airport store contemplating buying a tie, he meets handsome stranger, Carson Randall. After sparks fly they both realize they want the same thing. They want more than just a passing meeting in an airport; they want a relationship.”

-------------------------------------------------

My thoughts:

Occasionally you read a book or story and fall in love with one or more characters. That is exactly what happened when I read ‘Room Service’. I met Dr. Seth Coleman and Carson Randall and was mesmerized. These two men were hot together and perfectly suited for each other. The only thing I regretted when I finished the story was that I hadn’t been able to spend more time in their company.

When ‘Lip Service’ came out a short while later I was delighted to meet Set and Carson again and enjoyed the opportunity to watch another of their very heated encounters.

I fear ‘Mile High Service’ may well be our last encounter with these two men and that makes me a little bit sad. Having said that spending more time in their company and, what is more, finding out how they met was very satisfying.

Who knew buying a new tie in an airport shop could be this hot?

“He moved close as he reached around my body, fingers deftly flipping up the stiff collar of my shirt. The heat from his body warmed my back, and the scent of spicy aftershave and clean male flooded my senses.”

I loved the idea of two, otherwise sensible and practical, men giving in to their impulses, following their feelings and going for broke.

“I was kissing a stranger who’d seen me clearer than anyone else."

And since I am a firm believer that it is possible to see somebody and instantly know you’ve laid eyes on the person you’ll spend the rest of your life with, I rejoiced at Carson Randall’s words, spoken only a few hours after first setting eyes on Seth Coleman.


“I’m all in with you if you’ll have me. First dates, tie shopping, plane sex, and all.”

I should add, without going into details, that the service mile high is very good indeed.

As in the previous two titles, Nikka Michaels has managed to tell a full and detailed story with a limited amount of words. I feel I know these men better than I did before and have a rather clear picture of who they are, what they look like and how they are together. ‘Mile High Service’ brought me pure reading enjoyment just as the two previous titles as had. What more can you ask for from a story?


Finally I would like extent my gratitude to Jaycee. I know she expressed many readers’ hopes when she asked for the story of Carson and Seth’s first meeting. I’m just glad that, unlike the rest of us, she decided to open her mouth. If it wasn’t for her we might not have this wonderful treat available to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment