Sunday 13 August 2017

Heatwave at the Edge (a Tales from the Edge Story) by L.M. Somerton



Buy link: Pride Publishing (free read)

Blurb

It’s not often Yorkshire experiences a heatwave and all the sunshine has gone to Olly’s head. He’s not been on his best behaviour and Joe, his Dom, decides it’s time to cool him off – as if it’s ever possible to douse the flames of mischief where Olly is concerned. 

Review

If you’ve been following my reviews you may have noticed that I have a huge soft spot for L.M Somerton’s Tales from the Edge. And while I love every single character in those stories I have to admit that Joe and Olly are my favourites by a mile. What’s not to love about a sub who appears to have not a single sensible bone in his body and his Dom who adores his cheekiness while knowing exactly how to deal with it? Add a puppy almost as cheeky as its owner — appropriately named Parker — and you’ll find me with a huge grin on my face.

It goes without saying that this is a very hot short. I mean, Joe knows exactly how to cool his Olly down during a heatwave, only to turn the heat levels up again. And Olly, despite his protestations and squirming, loves every single second of the exquisite torture his Dom puts him through.

If I have a complaint it is that these freebies are ‘only’ scenes rather than full stories. But that’s just my need to spend more time with these men. To be honest, I’m not sure this author could ever write enough stories featuring Joe, Olly and all their friends and colleagues to satisfy my desire for more. Which of course doesn’t stop me from hoping that if full novels are out to the questions, these shorts will continue to come my way.

While you could certainly read this story as a quick and steamy interlude without having read the previous Tales from the Edge, I would strongly recommend reading the whole series. Seriously, if you enjoy your BDSM with lots of heat and a side of suspense, you could do a lot worse than reading these books. This link leads to my review of Binding the Edges, the last book in the Tales from the Edge series. In that review you’ll find links to those about the earlier books.







No comments:

Post a Comment