Friday 22 July 2016

Consequences by Tantalus



Short Story
# 3 Damon & Pete, Playing With Fire
E-book

The blurb:

Pete knew there'd be payback and he's ready to take his punishment. But what Damon comes up with is so not what he expected...

My thoughts:

First things first. While I label Consequences a short story, calling this the third instalment in a serial would have been just as accurate. There are no two ways about it, if you are going to read Consequences, you’ll have to read Summer Heat and After first. Not that I think that would be a hardship, mind you. J

To say Consequences surprised me would be an understatement. This book takes the story in a direction neither Pete nor this reader expected. Then again, I’m not sure even Damon saw this coming when he set events in motion in the first book, Summer Heat.

I really don’t want to say too much about it, because the surprise I got was one of the things I really loved about this book. I’m always delighted when I think I know where a book will be taking me, only for the story to go in a different direction altogether. The first half of this instalment most definitely did that.

Of course there were also parts to this story that were exactly what I expected them to be. This is once again a very hot, sensual and sexy tale. Damon sure knows how to create explosive heat between himself and Pete, just as he is an expert at keeping both the reader and Pete guessing as to what he might be up to this time.

What I like best about the way this tale is unfolding is that despite it being an erotic tale, the two main characters are definitely taking shape, both on the page and in my imagination. They are by now far more than just two hot bodies coming together. Instalment by instalment we get to know Pete and Damon better and I have to say, I like what I’m seeing.

I’m overjoyed that the author has already started on the next chapter in Damon and Pete’s ongoing saga. I’ll impatiently wait until the moment I’ll be able to spend more time with these two sexy men.

Buy Links:

Amazon         Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment