Wednesday 21 July 2021

The Auction by Tiffany Reisz

 


 Original Sinners 0.2

 

Blurb

 

You're invited to New York City's hottest dating event: Kingsley Edge's annual King's Trust Charity Auction.

New on the auction block this year is Daniel, a wealthy widower and Dominant. However, he happens to have his eyes on another first-timer in the club's auction: Anya, a strikingly beautiful virgin submissive from his native Canada.

Too bad Anya hates him on sight. Or does she? There's a fine line between hatred and burning passion, and Daniel is determined to bring Anya across it. Now let the bidding begin....

 

Review

 

It is no secret I’m a huge fan of Tiffany Reisz’s Original Sinners series. Less well-known is that I’ve had a reading crush on Daniel since I first encountered him in these stories. Just my luck that he’s a dominant who features a lot less frequently than Kingsley and Soren, the two ‘uber’ Doms in this world. But it does mean that I appreciate every opportunity to spend some of my time with him all the more. In fact, the fact that this is a re-read and re-review is a good indication of how much I enjoy my encounters with Daniel.

The following is a re-write, with additions, of what I wrote in 2012 (I can’t quite believe how much time has passed):

Daniel returns to America and Manhattan after a year of travelling the world and testing his limits. A year that has helped him come to terms with his wife’s tragic death but has done nothing to help him get over Eleanor, the young sub he shared a week with, who helped him escape from his self-imposed house arrest after his loss and wouldn’t stay with him once the week was over. Now he’s about to enter Kingsley Edge’s world again; a world of BDSM as well as the world where Eleanor spends a lot of her time. Before he meets Kingsley though he has to get past the front door and Anya, a young woman from Quebec who appears to take an instant dislike to him. When Daniel finds out that Anya is about to put her virginity up for auction in order to care for her five, younger, siblings he is worried about the young woman and what she may have to face. But it isn’t until he has another encounter with Eleanor and finally realises that she will never be his that he realises that Anya may well be the ideal woman to make his own. Making Anya feel the same and saving her from the auction won’t be easy though and requires assistance as well as a devious plan.

As always Tiffany Reisz managed to captivate me with her story. Daniel is a wonderful character; strong and very dominant as well as caring and thoughtful he reads like a dream come true. Having said that, Daniel’s story requires some suspension of disbelief. Over the course of only a few weeks he moves from still not having quite come to terms with the loss of his wife while obsessing about Eleanor and wanting her back to falling for Anya so hard that he not only wants her as his sub but also offers to take on her whole family. I can’t say this speedy development bothered me, though. I’ve long since learned that the world of the Original Sinners, while resembling the world I live in, comes with its own set of rules. Sex and feelings are intense, come fast (pun totally intended), and transform characters.

This was a wonderful and very sexually charged love story and I was very sorry when it was over. Nine years after I first attended the auction, my feelings about the novella haven’t changed at all. Just as I still can’t seem to get enough of these characters or of Tiffany Reisz’ stories.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment