Wednesday 5 October 2016

Morning My Angel by Sue Brown - Review Tour



Author: Sue Brown

Release Date: September 29 2016

Length: 265 pages


Blurb

Josh Cooper, top US security field agent, is sent on an inter-agency assignment to London, when a partner in his firm goes missing in suspicious circumstances. Used to working in sole charge of his well-honed team, he clashes heads with the handsome, but pompous Cal, his UK co-operator and superior. Josh’s gut tells him something is wrong. He’s being kept out of the loop and Cal’s agenda is running on a different path. 

He also has a personal issue to deal with. He’s involved in a cyber-relationship with “Charlie”, an unknown man who connected with Josh by accident. Their banter has led to deeper respect and a sexual interest, but now Josh is faced with a growing attraction to Cal. Between this conflict and the tension of the mission, Josh’s heart and head are overworked and confused. Things can’t get much worse. 

Then Josh discovers the enemies he’s seeking have a new target: him.



My Thoughts

Morning My Angel brought all of my reading favourites together and turned them into one beautiful, fast-paced, unputdownable, and heart-warming story. This book gave me fascinating mysteries to solve, combined it with heart-stopping action to keep me turning the pages, and topped it all off with an utterly charming love story, I mean what’s not to love?

Let’s look at the mysteries first, because there are several. First and foremost (for me at least) was the question as to who exactly was ‘Charlie’ the mysterious man Josh has been exchanging messages with for two years and for whom he’s fallen…hard. I have to admit I was several chapters ahead of Josh when it came to unravelling this question but I’m fairly sure that was the author’s intention. And then there are the unresolved questions related directly to Josh and his team being send to London; where’s the missing man and why exactly are the Americans in England, dealing with a case that’s normally out of their remit? To say that the revelation as to who exactly was the ‘criminal mastermind’ came as a huge shock, which is exactly as it should be in a well plotted thriller. I did raise one or two eyebrows when it came to the explanation as to why it had taken so long to uncover the bad guy, but in the greater scheme of things that was really a minor issue, and afterthought more than something that bothered me while reading.

As for Charlie (of course I’m not going to reveal who he is) and Josh’s love story, that was a pure joy to read. Mostly angst free, the coming together of these two men was portrayed in a charming, at times cute, and overall very satisfying manner. Of course there are issues, but they’re dealt with in an adult and realistic way. I have to admit to reading large sections of this book with a huge grin on my face. Charlie and Josh/Angel together, bouncing off each other (both verbally and physically) were a pure delight.

I’m so happy this book is listed as #1 Angel Enterprises. I’m looking forward to spending more time with Angel and his Charlie. I sorta hope that a future story featuring these two men will be told from Charlie’s point of view. Not because I felt that seeing the whole story through Josh’s eyes somehow short-changed the reader—far from it—but because I’m now so intrigued by Charlie that I’d love to get to know him more intimately.

Well written, with characters who were both charming and fascinating, Morning My Angel came with what for me was exactly the right balance of mystery, action, and romance. This surely is Sue Brown at her best and I couldn’t recommend this book more!

Author Bio

Sue Brown is owned by her dog and two children. When she isn't following their orders, she can be found plotting at her laptop. In fact she hides so she can plot, and has become an expert at ignoring the orders.

 Sue discovered M/M erotica at the time she woke up to find two men kissing on her favorite television series. She had an Aha moment and put pen to paper that same day. Sue may be late to the party, but she's made up for it since, writing fan fiction until she was brave enough to venture out into the world of original fiction.

Come over and talk to Sue at:
sue@suebrownstories.com

She can also be found at:                                                                                          

website         Facebook       Twitter         Blog






No comments:

Post a Comment