Monday 22 June 2015

Make Me Soar by K.C. Wells

MAKE ME SOAR by K.C. Wells
 
Pages:          290
Date:           June 8, 2015
Details:        no. 6 Collars & Cuffs
                   Copy received from author
E-book

The blurb:

“Anyone who frequents Collars & Cuffs knows Dorian Forrester is built for pain, including Dorian himself. But everyone has it wrong. For six years, Dorian’s chased a feeling that remains tantalizingly out of his reach. Unteachable, Dorian can take anything and everything a Dom can throw at him. Still, it’s not enough. Dorian needs… something more. Something he won’t find at Collars & Cuffs.

Dorian’s search takes him out of the safe environment he’s known for years, out of his depth, and into a realm of deep, dark trouble. 

Alan Marchant has been watching Dorian with interest for a while and knows there’s more to Dorian than his label of “pain slut” suggests. When Dorian disappears, Alan and his friend, Leo, set out to find him. But the disoriented young man discovered cowering in a hotel room is not the Dorian they know and love. That Dorian is shattered. It’s up to Alan to pick up the pieces and show Dorian there are better ways to fly.

They may be off on a new journey together, but their destination will rock them both to the core.”

My thoughts:

“He wanted something he hadn’t seen yet. He wanted Dorian to be happy.”

If there is such a thing as the ultimate love story, I may have just finished reading it. I half dreaded starting this book after I read the blurb. I had visions of Dorian broken and shattered and the long and painful journey he had ahead of him and I feared the angst I thought he’d have to go through before reaching happiness again. And while angst may no longer be a hard limit for me, it still is and will probably always be a soft one.

K.C. Wells managed to surprise me. Yes Dorian is broken and shattered after his nightmare in Berlin but this is not a story about Dorian’s demise. This is a story about the healing powers of love. This is a story about selflessness, about growth, about being open to learning new things about yourself and not running away from what you discover. This is the story about a Dom, Alan, giving his all in order to not only restore Dorian to who he used to be but help him become the man he was always supposed to be and Dorian doing the same thing for Alan in return.

This story, the developing feelings and relationship between these two men took my breath away time and again. I may have audibly sighed on several occasions while reading Make Me Soar. And no, that wasn’t necessarily during the sex scenes although I have to admit those were rather special and very hot.

This book gave me all the feels, culminating in the moment Dorian soars for the very first time, which brought tears of happiness to my eyes.


I could easily go on in this vein for much longer and give you a long list of specific examples of moments when Alan and Dorian touched my heart but I won’t. You want to experience those moments for yourself and luxuriate in the sheer beauty of them. My only warning when it comes to this book is this: make sure you’ve nothing else planned for the day you start reading Make Me Soar because once you start it is next to impossible to put the book down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment