Tuesday 16 April 2013

SHARING PLEASURES - THE RICHMOND



TITLE: SHARING PLEASURES: THE RICHMOND

AUTHOR: Victoria Dunne
Length: 816 locations
Date: 15/04/2013
Grade: 5
Details: no. 1 Sharing Pleasures
Own / Kindle

The Blurb:

“Alex has always fantasized about seeing his wife, Diane, pleasured by other men. With the purchase of a very realistic dildo, Alex is now ready to introduce Diane to the idea of taking on other lovers while he watches.

Will Diane accept this new direction in their relationship?

And what will happen when they go back to their favorite bar -- The Richmond?”

So, this author starts following my husband on Twitter and she turns out to write erotic stories. When she mentions one of her titles and that she is looking for reviewers, he informs her that he has a wife who reads and reviews (erotic) books. And once he’d done that I felt I had to go and read Sharing Pleasures, especially since I already had the title on my Kindle. I wouldn’t want to make a liar out of my husband, now would I? Boy, am I glad I did.

I have to be honest and say that my expectations weren’t too high. I like to be able to relate, in some way, shape or form, to the erotic stories I read and the idea of a husband sharing his wife with others is so far away from my reality and my fantasies that I was afraid the story and I just wouldn’t click. I’m also slightly suspicious of shorter stories since they often lack real character description and development. I shouldn’t have worried though, I couldn’t have been more wrong.

This was a wonderful novella. Not very long but very well written, with interesting and well developed characters and a fascinating story. I guess it was the characters who hooked me first. It is so nice to read a story about characters who are more or less my own age. I don’t mind reading about twenty-somethings or people in their thirties, but those years are well and truly behind me. It made a wonderful change to read about a couple who are at the same place in life as I am; happily married, with their only child in university and rediscovering life as a couple after being a full-time family for almost twenty years. I loved the way in which Alex and Diana were still able to surprise each other almost as much as I loved the care they took of each others feelings. The fact that they continued to make sure that the other was still okay with and excited by their plan made the story more realistic and very endearing.

The description of the fantasies Alex and Diana have, the realistic dildo he buys for his wife and the dancing scenes in the Richmond were all incredibly hot and very well written. And I haven’t even mentioned the steamy action they engaged in with Paul in their car. If I have one objection to this story it is the lack of protection once Diana engages with Paul, who is after all only a vague acquaintance.

I wasn’t even remotely interested in the scenario as suggested in this book before I started reading it and I can’t say reading it changed my mind. I have to admit though that the way it was described was not only very hot but also made it understandable that for others this may be the ultimate fantasy and experience. I do hope that Victoria Dunne decides to write more about this couple. If she does she has one guaranteed reader in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment