Wednesday 24 March 2021

Naked Weekend (Naked, Book 1) by Roe Horvat

Novella / 20k words

Release Date: March 24, 2021

Buy Links: Amazon US | Amazon UK

 

Blurb

It was supposed to be a casual threesome. Yeah, right. Those kisses are anything but casual, and the third guy is nowhere to be found. Neill should have known their friend set them up. But even as he ends up naked in the tall stranger’s arms, he can’t find any reason to regret anything.

From the first moment, Danny knows he could easily fall for Neill. All these little contradictions fascinate him: Neill’s passionate and playful one moment, and the next second he withdraws into himself, cautious. What made him that way? And how can Danny convince the beautiful boy to stay?

Review

Wow.

Roe Horvat did it again. I have no idea how he does it, but he weaves some kind of special magic with his words. On the surface, this story is pure erotica with steamy, vivid, and imaginative sex on most if not every page. And while all of that is nothing short of delicious, Naked Weekend is so much more than just two hot men making the most of being naked.

I’m amazed how much the author manages to tell us about Danny and Neill through their sexual encounters over the course of one weekend. Not only did I get to know them, I also fell for them, hard and fast. But then, maybe that’s the result of being naked. You can’t hide when you fully expose yourself. I have no idea if the idea behind the ‘Naked’ series went beyond the writing of hot stories, although I’m inclined to think it probably was. But whatever the author’s intention was, for me the set-up of this novella meant that I could see Danny and Neill fully, without barriers or pretense, both inside and out.

Yes, Danny and Neill fall for each other hard and fast; all it takes is that one naked weekend and a few hours of contemplation. But you won’t find me complaining about insta-love. It is clear from the very start that these two are made for each other. Their journey from strangers to lovers stepping into a relationship was as heart-warming as it was hot. They took my breath away while I was reading and now, days later, I still smile when I think about them. And that is exactly what a good story should do.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment