Tuesday 13 December 2016

A Birthday at the Edge by L.M. Somerton



#3.1 Tales from the Edge
Short Story / 8 pages
Free read available from Pride Publishing

The blurb

When Olly's master, Joe, gives him a camera for his birthday, Olly gets up to all kinds of mischief with it. It might be Olly's special day but that doesn't exempt him from punishment. After a day of presents and treats, Olly expects Joe's discipline to be the icing on the cake, but then he discovers that candles aren't just for making birthday wishes…

My thoughts

There’s really not a whole lot I can say about this (very) short story. Everything you need to know is in the blurb. Of course it goes without saying that Olly is his usual bratty, hilarious and unrepentant self. Just as it won’t shock anyone when I say that Joe and Olly together are mouth-wateringly hot. Did anyone mention yummy wax-play? These two have taken their place among my favourite MM couples and I’m already looking forward to joining them for further adventures and sexy-times.

On a side note; while this story is best read after book three in the Tales from the Edge series you could read it as a stand-alone introduction if you wanted to. It gives you a delightful taste of Olly and Joe, shows you glimpses of some of the other characters, and will leave you in no doubt about how delicious these stories are.

I’ve been on a Tales from the Edge reading binge over the past few days but I’m going to slow myself down a bit now. I’ve been reliably informed that the eight book in this series will be released on January 10th and I fully intend to stretch the remaining books out between now and then.

Related Reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment